1. Plan Ahead-Become very knowledgable about the park you decide to attend. Know which rides have the longest lines. One of the websites that is really helpful for Disney travel is mousesavers.com
2. Be Realistic-I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old there is no way you will be able to go on all rides it is best to spend money on going to the park for more than one day.
3. Use FastPass– Your kids will not like standing online for hours so utilize your fast pass+.
4. Bring your own beverages-One thing that we did not know was that you can bring your own beverages in the park and the next time we go we will invest in camelbacks. Everything in the park is every expensive the great thing is that you can get free water throughout the park.
6. Pick your season-We went to Florida during the peak season but i highly recommend that you go during the off peak season you will find better deals at staying on the Disney resorts and of course it won’t be as crowded or hot.
7.Hotel Perks-Unless you have a dining disney plan I suggest not just getting a regular hotel room but getting something with a full kitchen. We went to the supermarket brought breakfast and even cooked dinner that saved us some money but it also depends on how much you budget for dining out. We stayed at the lovely Hilton Grand Hotel on International Drive. We loved this hotel because of its proximity to Downtown Disney and DisneyWorld.
Can I tell you that this hotel is so kid friendly with even a kiddie pool. We opted for a hotel with a kitchen because we wanted to be able to save money on food and that we did. Did I mention the supermarket is literally right across the street. The staff was amazing greeting you as you even walk around the grounds. We give this hotel at 4.5 the only thing we didn’t like what the fact that the bedrooms look like they needed a bit of an upgrade but what a peaceful stay it was.
What also makes this hotel kid friendly is the fact that you get to a washer and dryer so that eliminated having to take home dirty clothes because you know a 2 year old and a 4 year old doesn’t stay clean for long.
8. Pack a poncho– I cannot tell you how much it rained when we were there. There were thunderstorms every night of our stay which forced the park to close but we got soak and wet getting back to our car to leave the park. Don’t wait until you buy ponchos there but but then at your local stores i.e. Walmart, Target local dollar store because they will be expensive in Orlando.
9. Breakfast character dining– We wanted to do character dining with the kids so the only thing they had left was a character dinner dining which was 9:45pm. The website for character dining had one price but when we got there it was a much higher price and that was due to the fact that we were doing dinner. We did not budget such a high price so we didn’t do the character dining. My suggestion is that you try your best to book breakfast character dining it will be much cheaper.
10. Enjoy. Everything may not go as planned but make the most of your time.
Tamara N South is the founder of Simply T Nicole lifestyle blog she seeks to inspire, uplift and encourage others in Christ. Tamara has been featured in Ebony, HypeHair magazine, Today and 2014 chosen as Family Dollar Blogger. She is a writer for Huffington Post. She has a Master degree from New York University in Sociology of Education.