To my loving daughter Tahlia,
When I look at you I see a girl filled with happiness, joy, love, and tenacity. Your brave, your fun, charismatic and love people. I was afraid to have you I didn’t know how I would be able to take care of you considering I don’t have a mom of my own. I feel so blessed that God has entrusted me to care for you. You truly bring happiness and joy to my heart and every moment with you helps me to heal the broken cords between me and my mother.
These are just some life lessons that your mom has learned and I wanted to share.
- Never follow the crowd. Always strive to stand out to be a leader. If you do follow make sure its good company. Be around people who motivate you to do better but if you realize they are making you do worse (drop them)
- Always listen to the voice of God. There may be people in your life who think they know more than God but follow God and the path that he has for you.
- Embrace you. You are wonderfully and fearfully made. You are petite you will be make fun of for being petite but know you are just like your mom and enjoy wearing brand name clothes from the kids section.
- When doubt comes into your head and fears arise know that those thoughts are not of God.
- Just because he looks good doesn’t mean he’s good for you. Look at the content of his heart you want a boaz not bozo.
- Your worth is not your body. Refrain from sex outside of marriage. Sex is a beautiful thing but what makes it beautiful is the moment you have it with your husband.
- It’s ok to stand up for what God has told you to do.
- Put God first and success will follow not the other way around, Your gifts will make room for you meaning if God put a mission on your heart pursue it without doubt.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Your mom failed big time in this area but as God says “Ask and it shall be given unto you”
- When you fall and you will know that God still loves you so do I. There is nothing that can or will separate you from the love of God!
Have you written a advice or love letter to your daughter?