37 Life Lessons I Learned To Live A Happy Life
As this new year unfolds, I have learned many things about myself and I want to share with you the 37 things I learned to live a happy life. If you would have told me that by 37 I would be married, a stay at home mom I would have laughed in your face.
This independent, goal-driven woman didn’t want to get married or have kids but when God has a plan for your life not even your plans can stop him. I still can’t believe there was a time in my life where I didn’t even want to live.
Want to know about my Phone case?
I am truly grateful to God that I have made it another year that he saw fit that I would be married and a mother or two beautiful children.
As this new year unfolds I have learned many things about myself and I wan to share with you the 37 things I learned to live a happy life.
- Put God first. Do not seek validation from family or peers only God.
- Don’t neglect taking care of yourself.
- Eat to live not live to eat.
- Peace comes from within.
- Pride can make you miss God inspired aspirations.
- Don’t put everyone in the same category.
- Communication is key to any relationship.
- It’s better to be yourself than live a lie.
- Trust God in your process.
- Fear will destroy God’s plan for your life.
- Not everyone will accept you for who you are.
- Set Boundaries.
- When God says move do it.
- Even if fearful move anyway.
- Don’t compromise for popularity.
- Do your best but let God do the rest.
- It’s ok to not be popular.
- Love yourself enough to know you will make mistakes.
- Fear not what man can do but what God can.
- Walk on water.
- Take a break when you need it.
- Don’t bite off more than you can chew.
- It’s ok to say no. I can’t emphasize this enough.
- Forgiveness is a necessity.
- Don’t feel guilty about saying no.
- Time in the presence of God is the best time.
- Not everyone will like you and that’s ok.
- Know your limits, set boundaries about what you can and can’t do.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Always strive to be better than the day before.
- Be grateful for the good and the bad.
- Whatever you do don’t lose hope.
- It really could be worse.
- Give of your time.
- Be honest about how you feel.
- Procrastination is for the birds.
- Gossip create confusion.
I have seen myself grow in so many ways and that’s what life is about. God expects us to continue to grow. God talks about being like living water not stale and stagnant but always moving, growing and learning.
What life lessons have you learned along the way?