“I received Zucchi European Extra Virgin free from Moms Meet(momsmeet.com). The recipe and opinions are my own compensation for this post was provided.”
When it comes to the foods I put in my body I am extremely cautious. I read labels to make sure I’m not eating a lot of chemicals and make my own foods from scratch to limit the amount of additives. That’s why when I received this Extra Virgin Olive Oil I was excited because I can make my vey own salad dressing.
There are many things you can do with Olive Oil including beauty hacks. Many people don’t know they amazing benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil that’s why there is the #FlavorYourLife campaign supported by the European Union. They want to education by giving you the latest news on Olive Oil.
Benefits of Olive Oil
- Olive Oil comes from the fruit (known as a drupe) of the plant European olive. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made by pressing without heat or chemicals. It represents the freshest and purest olive oil available.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is virtually free of acidity- below 0.8%. This is to assure its quality rathe than its taste, because overly processed and rancid oils contain higher levels of oleic acid.
- Olive oils are also tested for peroxide values. Lower values indicate fresher oil and more rapid processing, and are required fr Extra Virgin designation. Each oil is judged by expert tasters, who must agree that it meets the high flavor standards of an Extra Virgin rating.
- These experts also test for taste defects and the presence of positive attributes of fruitiness, bitterness and spiciness. If the oil doesn’t have the signature fruity taste and harmonious balance it won’t receive an Extra Virgin rating.
- Olive Oil has a high smoke point (400 degrees) so it can handle anything from a light saute to a deep fry. You can bake with olive oil, as well.
There are benefits to buying European Olive Oil including that Europe offers a vast array of flavor so you keep a variety of oils.
If you are wondering which olive oil to use Zucchi is a premier Italian Olive Oil Company delivering traceable and sustainable products that you can trust. You find Zucchi at Big Y, HEB, King Kullen and Shaw’s.
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients
- tighten lid
- Shake vigorously un olive oil and lemon juice blend into one
- Spread over salad