Me and my husband has this crazy idea that we would go shopping on Black Friday we would head to WoodBury Commons in Middletown, NY and I promise you we won’t do that again. We were stuck in traffic as well as people were so frustrated it didn’t make shopping a fun experience. Because of all of the long lines we were only able to go to one store.
We got there and waited online for hours to our surprise our shoe size was sold out and no additional discounts we left cold and frustrated with that I have learned what to do and what not to do and I am sharing my best tips to getting a good Black Friday Deals.
- Don’t go the the stores at midnight. We thought we were getting a good deal for Black Friday by going into the stores but the waiting online the frustration of all the crowds and negative energy didn’t make shopping ver pleasant.
- Look for the day before Black Friday deals. A lot of stores will have discounts the day before Black Friday or they will have deals starting 9pm the night before. You no longer have to wait until Black Friday to get a deal.
- Your best deals will be electronics. A couple of years ago we got a great deal on a big screen TV and some other gadgets but things like clothes we noticed you can pretty much get a sale any time of the year for that.
- Try to get high end store deals. Shopping for clothes at bargain stores doesn’t make sense you are not really going to get a huge deal but if you shop the more high end store you will get a better markdown especially if you go to an outlet mall.
- Monitor your spending. You can find some really good deals but I would not say its worth maxing out your credit cards. Have a budget and stick to it when it comes to Black Friday shopping if not a fun feeling when you are in debt.
- Shop online. We realize that with shopping online you can visit many different stores versus standing on long lines for one store at a time. Also online you will find sales before Black Friday that happen the night before.
- Don’t stress. Looking at all of the advertising and deals can be tempting and it can make you feel as though you are missing out but know that sales happen all the time. Remember deals come and go so if you don’t get the item of your dreams it will be on sale again and in the words of my six year old daughter you get what you get and you don’t get upset.
Shopping in store was our first and last I am not discouraging anyone from doing this and I know people will still shop in-stores but it just didn’t work for me and my family. I hope that these suggestions can make your Black Friday experience a pleasurable one.
Relax. Relate. Release and Happy Shopping!