This title is very befitting for my own life “Bend when lift dares you to break”. This book tells the story of ten individuals who had to deal with challenges that caused them to break and not bend.
In these stories we read about the struggles that they face but how they chose to rely on their faith. When bad things happen we tend to ask why me why me but from the stories of mothers with children, mothers of children with profound disabilities, we ask why and in that why we can either chose to be angry with God or believe that all things work together for our good.
The interviewers which she calls courageous sojourners share their hones trust about their journey and their story inspired you to never quit no matter what you are going through.
This book resonates with me because I too have gone through my own personal struggles and sometimes you feel like breaking but the reminder is that you will bend because life is not going to be easy but you don’t have to break.
- “He sees the good, the bad, and the ugly on this earth. And someday, in the blink of an eye, when God fully renews Earth, he will restore the death and destruction of Hitler and his lackeys to complete loveliness.There will be no more misery, but only beauty that still remains.”
- “I can be angry about not having limbs, or I can be thankful that I have a purpose, I chose gratitude.” ~Nick Vujicic
- “When we come to God and dump our failures and burdensome guilt at his feet, he, the Righteous Judge, informs us that he already swung the gavel in the courtroom of life and boomed, “The case is closed. There remains no accusing voice of condemnation slate is wiped clean.”
- “No matter what we face in this life, God is always our safe place to hide. He composes songs of deliverance to resonate within our soul.”
- “The Master Potter is mending and restoring us right now, and most likely behind the scenes. Our gold-filled chinks and fractures are making us even more resiliently strong and captivating beautiful. And he declares each of us forever priceless.”
If you are seeking to learn more purchase the book here.