Saving money isn’t easy, there’s always some new expense to pay for, and monthly costs seem to rise. When you improve your financial health you’ll also improve your happiness and well-being. There are lots of things you can do to save your family money.
1 . DIY cleaning products
Traditional cleaning products can be bad for our health and for the planet, and they can also be expensive. To save money and create a healthier home consider using natural ingredients that you’ve already got in your cupboards. Some of the best DIY cleaning solutions include baking soda, white vinegar, lemons, and olive oil. You can use these ingredients to scrub everything from your kitchen to your bathroom.
2. Plan your groceries
Groceries are a large monthly expense but you can save money by planning all your meals. Meal planning helps you know exactly what you’re going to buy, so you won’t end up with expensive impulse buys, or wasted produce. To help you plan your meals you can try using tools like Make My Plate and Pepper Plate. For other ways to save money on your groceries, consider the following:
- Try budget supermarkets.
- Search for online vouchers and discounts.
- Try food waste apps like ‘Too Good To Go’.
3. Reduce car expenses
Running a car can be a big monthly expense but luckily there are plenty of ways that you can save. For a few ideas to start you off, check out these tips:
- Reduce your driving time, opt for cycling or walking.
- Use Gasbuddy to reduce your fuel consumption and compare gas prices.
- Shop for second-hand cars instead of brand new (for additional information on used cars check out East Coast Toyota).
- Compare car insurance options and apply for discounts (no accident or low mileage etc).
- Opt for cars that have a slow depreciation rate.
4. Budget everything
If you want to save money each month you’re going to need a budget. Budgeting can help you to oversee all of your outgoings and make a plan to save more. When you’re reviewing your budget, see if there are any unnecessary outgoings that you can get rid of. While you’re at it, make the following considerations:
- Could I save money by switching over my providers?
- How could I achieve a more minimal lifestyle?
- Which debts are draining my finances?
5. Go green
Going green is a great way to save money on your monthly expenses. You could start off by switching to renewable energy services, this is a great way to save money. For other ideas try these:
- Grow your own foods to save money.
- Reduce your water usage and use a rainwater collecting device.
- Recycle everything and use old items to create new ones.
- Buy second-hand items and sell your old belongings.
- Reduce the amount of electricity you use.
Using tips and tricks like these you’ll soon start saving money. Reducing your debts is crucial as it can be difficult to save otherwise. From going green to improving your budget, get started today!